Security is a primary concern for the Atascocita Forest Community Association because we feel that everyone should be confident of the safety and security of their person, family, property, home, and neighborhood.
In the event of an emergency, CALL 911
Atascocita Forest is patrolled by off-duty police officers of both the Harris County Sheriff and Houston Police Department. The Atascocita Forest Community association has contracted with the Harris County Sheriff to provide dedicated, nightly security patrol in our neighborhood. Trail of the Lakes MUD has contracted with the Harris County Pct. 4 Constable to provide private security patrol throughout the MUD district, which includes Atascocita Forest.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
Our contracted Security Officers would like your help in reporting NON-911 activities to allow them to investigate problem areas. You can report this type of activity by filling out a form which is sent to Harris County Sheriff's directly, or by calling the non-emergency line of either department.
CloseWatch Harris County
CloseWatch Harris County is a mobile crime watch and reporting tool that you and your neighbors can use to report suspicious or criminal activity to the Harris County Sheriff's Office. Available on the web, or as an app for Apple and Android devices, the system allows you to communicate with law enforcement in a number of ways:
- Send an anonymous text or start a chat
- Send a quick tip, including photos or videos
- Submit a complete report
- Make an anonymous phone call, or ask HCSO to contact you
The iWatch Harris County website also features a detailed and up-to-date crime map displaying information about criminal activity throughout Harris County.
Your home may be vulnerable while you are away from home for an extended period. In order to ensure the security of your home while you are gone, residents are urged to utilize the Vacation Watch program offered by the Harris County Pct. 4 Constables. Complete this form to request vacation watch on your home. Ensure you select Atascocita Forest from the subdivision list on the form.
- Keep garage doors shut and locked
- Keep shrubbery less than three (3) feet high and trees trimmed to at least seven (7) feet off of the ground
- Use your outside lights
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle
- Always keep your vehicle locked
- Never leave bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc. unattended
- If you’re going to be away for an extended time, let your neighbors know and fill out a vacation request for security to monitor your residence