The following is a condensed form of the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (the “deed restrictions”) for the Atascocita Forest Community Association. The Atascocita Forest CA actually has 20 slightly different sets of Deed Restrictions (for the different sections of the community); however, the following summary below is typical for all sections.
Please download and consult the restrictions for your section for specific issues.
- Buildings are to be one or two story single family dwellings with not less than two nor more than a four car garage [Art. II, Sec. l].
- Lots will be for residential purposes only - no lot shall be used for business, professional, commercial, or manufacturing purposes [Art. II, Sec. 1].
- No antennae shall extend more than ten (10) feet above roof line (height restrictions different for all sections see your D/R for your specific section) [Art. II, Sec. 13 - 14].
- No fence may exceed six feet in height, and must be constructed of ornamental metal, wood or masonry. Chain link fences facing the street are prohibited [Art. II, Sec. 18].
- All buildings, structures and other improvements to the property must be located within the building setback lines and must not encroach on interior lot lines or utility easements. The exact requirements vary from lot to lot and are shown on the subdivision plat and are described in the deed restrictions Art. II, Sec. 4].
- No noxious or offensive activity of any sort is allowed on any property and nothing shall be done on any lot which would become an annoyance or a nuisance to the neighborhood [Art. II, Sec.9].
- No animals, livestock, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats, or other household pets may be kept provided that they are not kept, bred, or maintained for any commercial purpose [Art. II, Sec. 16].
- The owners or occupants of each lot must at all times keep the grass and weeds cut in a sanitary, healthful, and attractive manner [Art. II, Sec. 15].
- No truck, trailer, boat, automobile, campers, or other vehicles shall be stored, parked, or kept on the driveway or in the street unless the vehicle is in day to day use off the premises [Art. II, Sec. 19].
- No signs, billboards, or posters other than 1 normal “For Sale” sign or builder’s advertising signs are permitted [Art. II, Sec. 12].
- Trash, garbage, and other waste materials must be stored in sanitary containers [Art. II, Sec. 15].
- All exterior modifications to the property must be approved in advance in writing by the Architectural Control Committee [Art. III, Sec. 1].
- All property owners are members of the Atascocita Forest Community Association and have voting rights [Art. IV, Sec. 1, 2].
- All lots are subject to a maintenance assessment and to special assessments, if any. These assessments are the personal obligation of the property owner and are secured by a continuing lien upon the property [ Art. V, Sec 1,2,3].
- Any assessment not paid within 30 days of the due date is subject to interest charges. The Association may also initiate legal actions, including foreclosure, against property owners who have not paid their maintenance assessments [Art. V, Sec. 1,2.3].